This program is designed mainly to prepare a competent cadre of researchers and practitioners who possess practical, scientific, educational and psychological knowledge, and skills to utilize them to serve universities, institutions, counseling centers, schools, and communities. The program will contribute to the development of scientific research movement in educational and psychological counseling, enhancing it with research and studies to provide scientific, theoretical, and practical courses. The PhD program rests on applications and modern theories, under the supervision of specialized faculty members, with administrative and technical support by the latest technologies.
Prepare qualified human cadres in educational and psychological counseling, develop their counseling, research, and professional potentials, to provide psychological and counseling institutions and centers with competencies capable of developing them in line with global advancements in this field.
Creativity and excellence in graduating qualified academic, professional, and research leaders in the field of educational and psychological counseling, stepping ahead towards a prominent and pioneering role in the educational institutions and the official and unofficial social and psychological organizations.
The program aims at:
- Preparing a cadre specialized in educational and psychological counseling to raise the scientific and professional competencies in this field and who enjoys high-quality expertise and efficiency in this specialization.
- Acquiring high-quality research skills to address the problems, in which psychology and educational and psychological counseling are mainly required.
- Providing students with advanced practical and applied competencies in educational and psychological counseling in the field.
- Improving students’ orientations towards the use of modern educational and psychological counseling strategies.
- Enhancing students’ specialized training experiences and scientific research according to the latest theories in individual and collective educational counseling.
- Developing and standardizing educational and psychological tests and measures and employing them in the service of the counseling process.
- Providing students with information and training on counseling to be employed in the administrative, support, and educational counseling process and providing students with the needed information about counseling guidance examples.
- Training on designing and implementing educational counseling programs at schools, institutions, and centers that provide educational and psychological counseling services.
- Enabling students to employ counseling theories in dealing with crises and developing strategies to deal with these crises.
- Training students to provide counseling services, create programs for special groups, and design measures to enumerate them and identify their needs.
- Practicing the profession of psychological counseling with high efficiency in social institutions working in the field of educational, psychological, and family counseling.
- A lecturer in the Palestinian universities that offer educational and psychological counseling at the diploma, bachelor, and master’s levels.
- An expert working at social institutions, a consultant in the field of psychological, educational, and family counseling, and in institutions that care for the elderly and people with special needs.
- A supervisor in the field of school counseling, which is in line with the Ministry’s orientation to activate the supervision program in counseling.
- A researcher and evaluator in research centers interested in educational and psychological counseling, in particular, and psychology in general.
- A supervisor, trainer, and coordinator of counseling interventions serving in counseling and psychological treatment centers, which provide individual, group, marital, and family counseling services.
- The student needs to have at least a bachelor’s degree with ‘good’ academic standing and a master’s degree with ‘very good’ academic standing.
- A Specialized Committee decides the necessary remedial courses for students who do not possess a Master’s degree in Educational and Psychological Counseling.
- The student needs to fulfill any other requirements determined by the Specialized Committee, such as admission test, interview, etc.