The Ph.D. program in “Educational Leadership and Education Policy” track aims to train technical experts who can design and implement educational plans and policies, and develop the necessary strategies for the advancement and development of educational institutions. This program aligns with the Education sector strategic plan, 2017-2022 and contributes to the reform and improvement of education quality, and the realization of the education strategy vision of “a Palestinian society that possesses values, science, culture and technology to produce knowledge and use it for liberation and development” within the framework of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
This program would help achieve the first goal of Palestinian education in the aforementioned national sectoral strategy and ensure inclusiveness and educational equity through inclusion and fairness in providing higher education opportunities, enhancing research capabilities, improving performance levels, and enabling qualified educational talents with Master’s degrees to continue their education and use their skills for the continuous progress of the education sector.
- Lecturer in Palestinian universities that offer related programs such as Educational Management and Educational Supervision at diploma, bachelor and master levels
- Expert and consultant in educational institutions in the field of educational leadership, and formulation of education policies in ministries, government departments, international organizations and others.
- Working in the field of leadership of educational, educational and community institutions.
- Working as a trainer in the field of educational leadership, and education policy making with governmental, non-governmental and international institutions.
- Working in the general administrations, departments and centers in a number of ministries such as the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research… and others.
- Working as a researcher and evaluator in research centers.
Preparing qualified cadre capable of enhancing the scientific and professional competence of educational institutions, improving the performance of educators and providing them with the necessary guidance services, developing educational institutions, and meeting their needs in an integrated and systematic manner to achieve comprehensive and sustainable development.
- Provide educational institutions with competent cadres in the field of educational leadership and education policies.
- Develop plans, policies and strategies that contribute to the development of administrative systems and structures in Palestinian universities, community institutions and schools by applying the latest educational theories in the field of educational administration.
- Prepare qualified cadres capable of leading and developing educational institutions.
- Contribute to the development of universities, community institutions, and schools.
- Applying modern methods and trends in managing educational policy in Palestine.
- Equip graduates with the necessary competencies with the principles, foundations, and processes on which educational departments in schools and universities are based, and identifying the problems they face and finding appropriate solutions for them.
- Enable them to possess competencies and research skills and benefit from them in developing their work in the field of leading educational and community institutions.
- Apply methods and systems of leadership and educational and strategic planning in dealing with the components of the educational system, and benefiting from systems analysis in making rational decisions.
- Develop their leadership skills and enabling them to manage conflict within educational institutions.
- Employ the foundations and principles associated with modern administrative systems such as (management and quality systems, knowledge management and economics, and change management in educational institutions) to benefit from them in the development of educational institutions.