First: Requirements of preparing the research
The research must include the following:
- A cover letter including the name of researcher/researchers, address, title of the research/researchers in English and Arabic and email.
- Two abstracts (English and Arabic) around (100-150 words).
- The research must include the following components:
- An introduction that includes a theoretical context and a literature review should be part of the introduction, i.e without putting a new title to the paragraph.
- The statement of the problem that should be tackled in the research, purpose and objectives and questions/ hypotheses.
- The importance of the study.
- The research methodology and procedures: the study targeted group, the sample, the tools, definitions of the terminology, the validity and reliability of the tools used and the methodology of data analysis.
- Discussion: sometimes it can be integrated with the results.
- Annexes, in case there are any.
- Graphs and diagrams should be serially numbered, and titled underneath.
- Tables as well should be serially numbered and titles should be written on top of the tables, whereas comments or any remarks should be written underneath the tables.
Second: Submission Guidelines
- A letter by the researcher addressing the Head of Editorial Board in which he requests his paper to be published in the Journal, and includes the specific specialization of his/her paper.
- The researcher should submit his research via email to Deanship of Scientific research ([email protected]) in Microsoft Word Format, taking into consideration the page layout should be two columns (Check the attached online form on the website of the Scientific Research).
- A written pledge that the paper has not been published nor submitted for publishing in any other periodical, and that it is not a chapter or a part of a published book.
- A short Curriculum Vitae (CV) in which s/he includes full name, workplace academic rank, specific specialization and contact information (phone and mobile numbers, and e-mail address.)
- Complete copy of the data collection tools (questionnaire or other) if not included in the paper itself or the appendix.
- No indication shall be given regarding the name of the researcher or any indication whatsoever in the research, in order to ensure the confidentiality of the arbitration process.
Third: Publication Guidelines
The editorial board of the journal stresses the importance of full compliance to the publication guidelines, knowing that research papers that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered, and the research will be sent back to the researcher for modification and abiding by the publication guidelines.
- Papers are accepted in Arabic and English languages only, and should be written in correct, well-constructed mistake- free language.
- The researcher submits his research via email to [email protected] in Microsoft Word format, taking into consideration the following:
- Font type should be Simplified Arabic, Size 13 Normal for papers written in Arabic;
- For English papers, Font type should be Times New Roman, Size 12.
- Headlines (for both Arabic and English papers) in the body should be Size 14 and Bold.
- The paper should not exceed 25 (A4) pages or (7000) words including shapes and graphics, tables, endnotes, and references, while annexes and research tools are inserted after the list of references, though annexes are not usually published but rather inserted only for the purpose of arbitration.
- The research has to be characterized by originality, scientific value, and objectivity, to add something new to the field of the research.
- The research should not be part of any previous published research, and the researcher has to submit a written acknowledgment that the research has never been published or sent for publication in another journal, until the completion of the arbitration phase and taking the suitable decision regarding the research. In addition, the main researcher acknowledges that he read the publication guidelines and he fully abided by them.
- The research should not be a chapter or part of an already published book.
- Neither the research nor part of it should be published elsewhere, unless the researcher obtains a written acknowledgement from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- The Journal preserves the right to request the researcher to omit, delete, or rephrase any part of his/her paper to suit the publication policy. The Journal has the right to make any changes on the form/ design.
- The research includes two research abstracts, one in Arabic and another in English of (150-200) words. The abstract must underline the objectives of the paper, statement of the problem methodology, and the main conclusions. The researcher is also to provide no more than six keywords at the end of the abstract which enable easy access to the database.
- The researcher has to indicate if his research is part of a Master Thesis or a Doctoral Dissertation as he should clarify this in the cover letter under the title of the study and fully document this in the beginning of the research.
- The research papers submitted to the Deanship of Scientific Research will not be returned back to the researchers whether accepted or declined.
- In case the research papers do not comply with the publication guidelines, the deanship will send an apology letter to the researchers.
- Researchers commit to pay the expenses of the arbitration process in the case of those who want to withdraw their research papers and not proceed with the evaluation and publication procedures.
- The researchers will be notified by the results and final decision of the editorial board within a period ranging from three to six months starting from the date of submitting the research.
- References and sources should be written at the end of the paper; if the reference is a book, it is cited in the following order: name of the author, title of the book or paper, name of the translator if any or reviser, place of publication, publisher, year of publishing the paper, edition or volume, and :page number. If the reference is a journal, it should be cited as follows author, paper title, journal title, journal volume, date of publication and .page number.
- References and sources are arranged at the end of the paper “References in alphabetical order starting with the surname of author, followed by the name of the author, title of the book or paper, place of publishing, publisher edition, year of publication, volume. The list should not include any reference which is not mentioned in the body of the paper.
- The researcher can use the APA style for documenting the sources which depends on indentation (pointing out the references immediately after the quote in the following order: surname of the author, year of publication, page number.
- Opaque terms or expressions are to be explained in footnotes.
Five: Peer Review and Publication Process
All research papers are forwarded to a group of experts in the field to review and assess the submitted research papers according to the known scientific standards. The paper is accepted after the researcher carries out the modifications requested. Opinions expressed in the research papers are solely those to their authors not the journal. The submitted papers are subject to initial assessment by the editorial board to decide the eligibility of the research papers and whether they meet the publication guidelines. The editorial board has the right to decide if the paper is ineligible without providing the researcher with any justification.
The peer review process is implemented as follows:
- The editorial board reviews the eligibility of the submitted research papers and their compliance to the publication guidelines.
- The eligible research papers are forwarded to two specialized Referees who carry a similar rank or higher to the researcher. Those Referees are chosen by the Editorial Board in a confidential way from specialized teachers in universities and research centers in Palestine and abroad.
- Each referee submits a report indicating the eligibility of the research for publication.
- In case the results of the referees were different (one accepts and the other declines), the research is forwarded to a third referee to settle the result and consequently his decision is considered definite.
- The researcher is notified by the result of the editorial board within a period ranging from three to six months starting from the date of submission. Prior to that, the researcher has to carry out the modifications in case there are any.
- The accepted research is then published according to its acceptance date. The research papers are arranged in the journal according to the technical considerations of the editorial board regardless of the rank of the researchers and the research.
- The researcher who has his/her paper published is handed a copy of the Journal volume the paper was published in, as for researchers from abroad, a copy of the Journal volume will be sent to the liaison university office in Jordan and the researcher in this case will pay the shipping cost from Jordan to his place of residency.
Six: Scientific Research Ethics
- Prepare the research that comprises the submission of the application/research proposal, conducting the research data collection, analysis discussion, and reaching the phase of publishing with integrity, neutralism and without distortion and taking into consideration the sound process of scientific research.
- Acknowledge the efforts of all those who participated in conducting the research such as colleagues and students and list their names in the list of authors, as well as acknowledging the financial and morale support utilized in conducting the research.
- Commit to including the list of references as well as avoiding plagiarism in any parts of the research.
- Commit to not implementing research papers that harm humans or environment; obtain an in advance approval form the University ( or Committee of Scientific Research Ethics if any) when conducting such kind of research and obtain a written acknowledgment of approval from the University or institution the researcher works at.
- Obtain a written acknowledgement from the individual/individuals referred to in the research as a topic for discussion and clarify to them the consequences of listing them in the research. In such cases, the researcher has to commit to avoid disseminating the results of his research except in a statistical data analysis to ensure the confidentiality of the data he collected on those individuals.
Seven: Intellectual Property Rights
- The editorial board confirms its respect to the Intellectual Property Rights.
- Researchers have to respect Intellectual Property Rights.
- The research copyrights and publication are owned by the Journal once the researcher is notified about the approval of the paper. The scientific materials published or approved for publishing in the Journal should not be republished unless a written acknowledgment is obtained by the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- Research papers should not be published or republished unless a written acknowledgement is obtained from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- The researcher has the right to affiliate the research to him, put his name on all the copies, versions and volumes.
- The author also has the right to have his work published by his name.