The Deanship of Student Affairs is considered the main link between the student and the administration. It aims to follow-up the affairs of the students and help integrate them at all forums. The Deanship also supervises the Units of Student Affairs at all Branches and Study Centers of the University.
The Deanship of Student Affairs technically supervises the Student Affairs units at QOU Branches and Study Centers in accordance with the requirements of its assigned responsibilities.
Providing integrated services to our students and graduates, and achieving a good level of adaptation, motivation and affiliation, while giving priority to the preventive and developmental role through advanced working mechanism.
Fostering the students, socially, educationally and psychologically during their entire study period in accordance with the educational vision. Furthermore, providing a convenient environment for the students in accordance with the requirements of the comprehensive quality. The Deanship also seeks to enhance the talents of the students and promote their innovative skills to prepare them to become positive, giving and responsible citizens in their community.
- Loyalty and sense of belonging to the University.
- Cooperation and teamwork.
- Excellence in performance and services.
- Transparency and equality.
- Continuous development and improvement.
- Adapting the technology to serve the students and the University.
The Deanship of student affairs seeks to achieve the following goals and objectives:
- Demonstrate awareness among students about the philosophy, mission and goals of the University.
- Contribute in boosting the reputation of the university in the media and p through continuous effective communication with the local and international community.
- Foster and develop the student’s personality in order to achieve an appropriate level of adaptation and mental health.
- Identify and provide the counselling, psycho-social needs and services for the students.
- Supervise the extracurricular student activities, and supporting and directing these activities.
- Follow-up the Alumni and offer the possible and relevant services.
- Develop an integrated computerized mechanism to follow-up the students’ election process and ensure its accuracy and transparency.
- Follow-up student complaints, issues and suggestions in a transparent and professional manner.
- Computerize the administrative work and develop an effective mechanism for communication between the Deanship and its Units on the one hand and with the other student councils on the other hand.
- Fostering students’ affairs and helping them helping them overcome the obstacles they might encounter;
- Supervising and supporting all kinds of extra-curricular activities;
- Supervising and approving the financial aid and scholarships based on the adopted criteria
- Fostering the personality of the student and developing it
- Supervising the elections of the students' councils and clubs.
- Oversee and approve students’ financial aid for and develop work mechanism and fully computerize it.
- Direct participation in the academic and psychological guidance and counseling.
- The membership of the Assistant to the President for Students’ Affairs / The Dean of Student Affairs in the University Council and the Academic Council and in all the related activities entitled to these councils.
- The Assistant to the President for Students’ Affairs / The Dean of Student Affairs heads the supervising committee of the Graduation Ceremonies.
- Participating in all the University activities that are related to the students in different fields.
- Supervising students' activities and the annual report of the activities through the Heads of the students' affairs' units.
- Following-up students’ financial issues with the Presidency and the Financial Affairs
- Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.
- Grants, financial aid and loans.
- Student Activities.
- Alumni Follow-up Unit.
- Department of Psycho- Social Counseling.
- Student Affairs Sections in the branches.