The University is keen to provide follow-up services to its graduates during their studies and after graduation through its Alumni Affairs section at the Deanship of Student Affairs. This section aims at building bridges of trust and cooperation between the University’s graduates and the different work sectors embodying the vision of the University and its social responsibility. It holds agreements and partnerships with the local community organizations to enhance its capability of assessing the needs of the labor market, as part of the process of linking its needs to the competencies of competitive graduates. The Alumni Affairs section provides many permanent and part-time jobs and training opportunities, holds a series of Recruitment Days, and organizes several training courses and specialized courses. The portal includes daily announcements for job opportunities, a series of specialized training courses, postgraduate grants, and others.
Objectives of the Alumni Affairs section:
- Networking with local community institutions, and establishing partnerships and agreements to obtain jobs and training opportunities for the graduates;
- Establishing communication with institutions to promote employment of graduates and finding suitable job opportunities for them;
- Providing training and counselling services for the graduates, and helping them find suitable job opportunities that fit their specialties and skills, or pursue their educational journey;
- Building a culture of cooperation and a sense of responsibility towards others;
- Presenting a positive image of the University and its graduates to the local community and abroad;
- Establishing communication channels between students and graduates, among graduates themselves, and between graduates and the University.
The Training Unit provides training and guidance services to the graduates of the University in order to enhance their skills and capacities to be able to compete in the labor market. The Unit provides a number of training services as follows:
- Organizing specialized training courses that contribute to developing and the scientific and practical skills and capabilities of graduates
- Coordinating for training opportunities that lead to employment in community institutions;
- Posting latest job opportunities through the Alumni Portal;
- Posting advertisements on training courses and the latest activities and events through the “Alumni Portal”;
- Supervising the training process the University Branches.
The Alumni section manages the official Facebook page of the QOU’s alumni, which represents a link between the alumni and the “Alumni portal”. It posts the services
- Alumni Portal enables graduates to view available training courses and job opportunities and presents selected templates of curriculum vitae
- It provides E-services which include e-graduates' guide, e-library services, seminars, Alumni Book, and Alumni magazine.
- It provides postgraduate education opportunities and scholarships that include scholarships for postgraduate studies in Palestine, the Arab world, and abroad.
- It provides studies, reports, and articles related to the labor market, unemployment, selection of specializations, and vital topics for graduates.
Based on the vision and philosophy of Al-Quds Open University in the follow-up of graduates, and in light of the great technological development witnessed by the modern era; QOU was pioneer in establishing and developing a computerized system to manage and follow up its graduates through the Alumni portal which provides many distinguished services to graduates, from announcing specialized training courses, vacancies in the local market, scholarship opportunities for postgraduate studies, and publishing many articles and studies that contribute effectively to raising awareness among university graduates.
- The portal allows the alumni members to update their data and contact information through their account on the “Alumni portal”
- Issuing graduate data and contact information, and statistics, to the relevant bodies, decision-makers, and local community institutions when required.
- Disseminating news of graduate follow-up events and activities
- Announcing the daily announcement of job vacancies in local community institutions, e private and governmental sector.
- Announcing specialized training courses, practical training programs, competitions and awards targeting graduates and students expected to graduate.
- Announcing scholarships for postgraduate studies in the fields of masters and doctoral degrees in Arab and international universities.
- Publishing studies, reports and articles related to the labor market and unemployment, choosing the appropriate major and important topics for graduates.
- Publishing reports of the Graduate Follow-up Section regarding training and job opportunities.
- The Alumni portal provides an electronic archive for the graduation ceremonies organized at the university
The Alumni Affairs section manages the official page of the Alumni on the social networking site (Facebook), which is the link between the graduates and the Alumni portal. The page provides guidance and counselling to graduates and answers all their questions.
In addition to the permanent and continuous updating and development of the database of graduates and labor market institutions, the Deanship is looking forward to achieve a number of future and developmental projects. The most important:
- Assist University graduates establish their forum.
- Develop the Unit to be a reference for studies and researches that deal with graduates issues
- Open new horizons with community institutions in public and private sectors to provide training to graduates and help them find job opportunities. Furthermore, signing memorandums of cooperation and partnerships according to the objectives of the Unit in its strategic plan.
- Issue annual journal for the graduates.
- Conduct survey studies to measure the satisfaction of the employers of the University graduates.
- Fresh graduates and prospective graduates can activate their membership in the “Alumni portal" for all degrees awarded by the university.
- Old graduates can register on the " Alumni portal " through the Register Now form using (student university ID number, ID number, and passport).
- In case you are an old member and you have forgotten your password, you can use click “Forget my password” and retrieve it using (university number, ID number, and passport).
- If you are unable to register on the "Alumni portal” and cannot retrieve your password, please contact the graduate follow-up coordinators in your branches or contact the alumni follow-up department through the "contact us" option.