Wednesday, September 30, 2020
In our contemporary world, Special Education receives unprecedented attention in human history, as it contributes, as a profession concerned with developing academic, social and economic competencies for children and youth with disabilities, to the human development that both developed and developing societies need. It also works to achieve the principles related to Inclusive Education that believes in education for all, equal opportunities, human rights and social justice. In the past four decades, special education has made tremendous achievements, and has helped people with special needs acquire skills that were considered unattainable in the past.
However, at the beginning of the 3rd. millennium; special education stands at a historic crossroads. It is subject to a process of self-analysis and reconstruction, which may result in fundamental and long-term change.
Among the most important issues, currently, raised in this field are the relationship of Special Education with general education, the role of the teacher preparation programs; relationships with parents and families, legislation and laws, the relationship between research and practice and the role of modern technology, prevention and early intervention services, and integration versus separation and isolation.
In the state of Palestine, like in other Arab countries, Special Education is still relatively recent and still has not lived up to the professions level, as there are no clear and agreed criteria for effective and ethical field practice, and there are only a few Palestinian universities offering special education programs, the first of which is Al-Quds Open University, and there is a huge shortage in Scientific magazines specializing in this field and in studies related to it.
Through this conference, the Faculty of Educational Sciences at Al-Quds Open University and the Jasmine Charitable Society seek to provide an opportunity for experts, educators and researchers in the fields of special education, psychology and early childhood to exchange knowledge, information and experiences related to special education services provided to children and youth with special needs and to develop a political and national strategy capable of supporting them.
The conference aims to achieve the following:
- Studying the reality of Special Education in Palestine in the light of internationally recognized professional practice standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing current global trends in education and training for persons with disabilities.
- Highlighting the effectiveness of the ivory services and programs provided.
- The competencies of the cadres working in special education according to the international feasibility standards.
- Enhancing the role of teachers and school principals as producers of effective remedial programs that match with the capabilities of students with special needs.
The 1st. theme: the provided services and programs and their effectiveness according to the international standards.
- Modern trends in providing Content Knowledge and treatment programs for students with disabilities.
- Adapting global programs to achieve effective education for students with special needs.
- The evaluation and diagnosis process for children with disabilities.
The 2nd.Theme: the educational environment and its role in creating teaching and rehabilitation opportunities
- The harmonization of the environment in institutions and its role in creating an motivating environment for the education and rehabilitation of students with disabilities
- Ensuring accessibility (centers, schools, and universities) to facilitate the access of students with disabilities to programs and services
- The role of legislation and laws in achieving quality in education and the accessibility to persons with disabilities.
The third theme: cadres working in special education and the international quality standards.
- The role of universities in preparing cadres working in the field of special education and childhood care
- The role of institutions in using assistive technology in facilitating and providing special education services and programs.
- The efficiency of special education cadres in the evaluation and diagnosis process of children with disabilities.
1- The Preparatory Committee
|1.||Prof. Majdi Zamel/Chair||Dean of the Faculty of Educational Science||QOU|
|2.||Dr. Eng. Islam Amro||Assistant to the President of QOU for Technology & Production Affairs/ Director of ICTC||QOU|
|3.||Dr. Eng. Imad Hodali||Assistant to the President of QOU for Public and International Affairs and Media||QOU|
|4.||Prof. Mohammad Ahmad Shahin||Assistant to the President of QOU for Students Affairs / Dean of Student Affairs||QOU|
|5.||Prof. Mohammad Titi||Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs||QOU|
|6.||Dr. Husein Hamayel||Director of Ramallah & Al-Bireh Branch||QOU|
|7.||Prof. Husni Awad||Dean of Graduate Studies & Scientific Research||QOU|
|8.||Ms. Wafa’ Sheikh||Executive Director||Jasmine Charitable Society|
|9.||Ms. Nancy Haidar||Member of an administrative Board||Jasmine Charitable Society|
|10.||Ms. Fatima Eid||Activities Officer||Jasmine Charitable Society|
|11.||Ms. Rasha Al-Sa’di||Director of Education Program||Jasmine Charitable Society|
|12.||Dr. Nasser Al-Agha||Academic and Administrative Assistant/Khan Younes Branch||QOU|
|13.||Eng. Wesam Sleibi||Vice President Office for Gaza Strip affairs||QOU|
2- Scientific Committee
|#||Name||Job Title||Work place|
|1.||Dr. Mahmoud I’beid||Head of the Department of Special Education||QOU|
|2.||Prof. Yousef Diab||Nablus Branch Director||QOU|
|3.||Dr. Kamal Salameh||Jericho Branch Director:||QOU|
|4.||Dr. Tamer Suheil||Assistant Vice President for Administrative Affairs||QOU|
|5.||Dr. Iyad Abu Baker||Acting Dean of the Faculty of Social and Family Development||QOU|
|6.||Dr. Nabil Al-Mughrabi||Assistant to the Dean of the Faculty of Educational Sciences||QOU|
|7.||Dr. Fakhri Dweikat||Faculty Member||QOU/Nablus Branch|
|8.||Prof. Sami Abu Ishaq||Faculty Member||QOU/Khan Younes Branch|
|9.||Dr. Ahmad Sa’d||Faculty Member||QOU/North Gaza Branch|
|10.||Dr. Fayez Mahameed||Faculty Member||QOU|
|11.||Dr. Omar Rimawi||Faculty Member||Al-Quds University|
|12.||Dr. Said Awad||Faculty Member||Al-Quds University|
|13.||Dr. Ibrahim Al-Masri||Faculty Member||Hebron University|
|14.||Ms. Nancy Haidar||Member of Administrative Board||Jasmine Charitable Society|
3- Public Relation & Media Committee
|#||Name||Job title||Work place|
|1.||Mr. Awadallah Mashal||Public and International Affairs and Media||QOU|
|2.||Mr. Ayham Abu Ghoush||Public and International Affairs and Media||QOU|
|3.||Ms. Fatima Eid||Media||Jasmine Charitable Society|
- The researches must be sent in full with an introduction about the researcher including (name, place of work, academic rank, e-mail and mobile phone number) by e-mail no later than 22/1/2020.
- The results of the research arbitration shall be sent to the researchers no later than 26/1/2020.
- The researcher submits his/her accepted research after making the required amendments by 28/1/2020.
- The conference will be held on Wednesday 30/9/2020 at Jasmine Charitable Society hall in Ramallah.
Prof. Majdi Zamel
Chair of the Preparatory Committee, Dean of the Faculty of Educational Sciences/ Al-Quds Open University
Ms. Wafa’ Tawfiq Al-Sheikh
Executive Director, Jasmine Charitable Society
Phone: 022424812 ext. 199 | Mobile: 0599255929
Conference email: [email protected]